|April 22, 2012 - May 22, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Maul Foster & Alongi, Inc|
|Description:||MFA is actively seeking a full-time Project Chemist for our Portland, Oregon, office. The successful candidate will largely be responsible for the management of environmental data produced from field collection and analytical laboratories. The position involves coordination with and oversight of analytical laboratories, importing electronic data deliverables to MFA’s electronic database, reviewing analytical data for quality and applying qualifiers in the database, and exporting data in a variety of formats to data users. Additional responsibilities may include data interpretation, statistics, and analysis. |
Click "Apply Now." INCLUDE BOTH A COVER LETTER AND A RESUME.
- BS degree from a U.S. accredited college or university in chemistry, environmental science, or related field.
- Two to five years of consulting experience in environmental chemistry.
- Knowledge in field work for environmental projects, including sample collection, sample custody and management, and analytical testing in the field.
- Familiarity with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) SW-846 analytical methods and USEPA National Functional Guidelines.
- Experience importing, validating, and exporting electronic data in a variety of formats.
- Experience coordinating with analytical laboratories and tracking deliverables.
- Knowledge with environmental database systems (i.e., EQuIS, GISKey, gINT).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Must be able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently with little guidance and within a collaborative group environment.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of multimedia environmental sampling procedures, including soil, water, soil gas, air, and hazardous waste.
- Proficient in SQL database administration. Experience using other environmental database systems and/or programming (e.g., VBA) a plus.
- Experience in working with Environmental Visualization Systems (EVS) software, ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop suite, and/or experience with other modeling or GIS software packages.
- Experience in the preparation and implementation of site specific work documents, including Field Sampling Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs), and Data Management Plans (DMPs).
- Experience in data interpretation and statistical analysis.
- HAZWOPER 40-hour training and requisite 8-hour updates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.